UNIVERSITY PHILOSOPHY, VISION, MISSION AND GOAL
“Total human development with appropriate competencies”
“A premier and globally competitive university”
“Provides relevant quality instruction, research and extension”
“ To lead in transforming human resources into productive self-reliant citizens and responsible leaders”
Vision of the College of Agriculture
A dynamic center for excellence not only in technology generation, dissemination and utilization in the area of Agricultural Sciences but also a “Learning Organization” that embraces and shares new ideas and innovations.
Mission of the College of Agriculture
To aggressively pursue the provision of advanced instruction in agricultural sciences and the conduct of researches aimed to contribute in poverty reduction and enhancement of our natural resources.
Goals of the College of Agriculture
1. To provide quality instruction in the fields of Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Agri-Business management; promote research; engage in extension and generate income;
2. To provide globally competitive graduated needed in teaching, research and extension, agro-industries and other agencies imbued with social, cultural and moral values.
3. To produce leaders who are responsible in the utilization, conservation and management of natural and human resources.
OBJECTIVES OF THE AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT
1. To provide quality instruction in the field of Crop Science, Animal Science, Sericulture, Soil Science and Apiculture;
2. To produce globally competitive agriculturists who would be Farm Managers, Researchers, Extension Agents, Teachers and Entrepreneurs imbued with moral, social and cultural values;
3. To produce competent agriculturists as major players in sustainable agriculture and in the protection of our environment;
4. To generate, verify and package technologies that will increase agricultural production;
5. To disseminate relevant technologies/breakthroughs that could uplift the socio-economic conditions of the community;
6. To develop capability of students for critical thinking and professional leadership in agriculture.
OBJECTIVES OF THE AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
1. To train students in the application of engineering principles particularly in the solution of problems related to agro-industrial development;
2. To prepare students to become professionals with globally entry level competencies;
3. To develop student’s moral values and appreciation of the potentials of an agricultural engineering business enterprise; and
4. To instill critical thinking in the student’s concern for the preservation and protection of the natural environment.