Official Institute Logo
UNIVERSITY PHILOSOPHY, VISION, MISSION AND GOAL
“Total human development with appropriate competencies”
“A premier and globally competitive university”
“Provides relevant quality instruction, research and extension”
“ To lead in transforming human resources into productive self-reliant citizens and responsible leaders”
Mission of the Institute
The institute of the veterinary medicine shall produce and train quality graduates who are competent in the practice of general Veterinary Medicine such as food animal practice, companion animal practice, zoo, wildlife, aquatic and laboratory practice and veterinary public health.
Goals of the Institute
1. To train and develop leaders in the field of veterinary medicine with professional work attitude and entrepreneurial skills.
2. To cultivate ethical/interpersonal relations with peers and clients and general public applying the principles of the different forms of communications.
3. To help the animal industry in generation of appropriate technology through the conduct of priority and relevant researches, promoting public health and bio-security programsthat will contribute to national development.
4. To demonstrate effectiveness in the various forms of extension and community services especially in diagnosis, treatment, prevention, control of animal diseases that is of public health importance amidst climate change.
5. To formulate plans and implement programs for diagnosis, treatment, prevention, control and eradication of animal diseases.(also to adopt a diagnostic protocol for abnormality).
6. To identify animal health problems in geophysical environment and to promote and implement animal welfare programs.
7. To plan, implement and monitor cost effective programs in animal production.
8. To safeguard and protect the environment for sustainable development
Objectives of the Institute
To produce graduates:
- a. Who are competent in the practice of general veterinary medicine such as, food animal practice, companion animal practice, zoo, wildlife and laboratory animal practice and veterinary public health; and
b. Equipped with knowledge and skills in the treatment, prevention and control of animal diseases in veterinary public health, animal welfare, animal production and research and extension.
- To inculcate in its graduates social consciousness, professional ethics and sense of responsibility to work towards national goals and development.
- To provide veterinary medical services in the region in general and in the University in particular.